Social Icons


Friday, April 8, 2022

Making the Headlines


I have always lived by the principle of my life: 

  "Does not always have to be a rose to smell sweet


 

I was able to appreciate the beauty of my life by adhering to this principle. It has kept the positive and meaningful momentum in my life moving forward. 


Today is the second time I made headlines in the media. 

 

The first one was in 2002, when I received the 3rd Prize for the coveted Fukushima organised National Level Essay Competition for High School Category when I was in grade 11. With just a week away from the Final Home Examination (which I gave only the secondary focus) and even as a science student (usually with fractured limbs of linguistic competence), I was able to achieve this feat. 





Making headlines today, for the second time, is nothing different to celebrate it. 


The news was covered both in the Kuensel, The National Newspaper of the Kingdom of Bhutan and Bhutan Broadcasting Service Corporation Limited (BBSCL) - The state-owned TV and Radio service.





Link to Kuenselhttps://kuenselonline.com/former-physics-teachers-science-model-receives-patent-in-thailand/


Link to BBSCLhttp://www.bbs.bt/news/?p=167531 


Link to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kvd2-qYA5I (Dzongkha at 2:04:15; English at 3:04:13).  

English News Reporting 

Dzongkha News Reporting 

Award Background 

The model I developed during my master’s degree at Mahidol University, Thailand has been granted a petty patent (18158). The patent will protect my work for at least 10 years. 

 

Speaking about the model: Thesis defence 


The details on the development of this low-cost hands-on model, its precision to demonstrate the law of conservation of energy, and empirical findings on its impact on students’ learning have been widely presented at the international conference and published Scopus- indexed journals.

 

Oral presenter at 40th Congress of Science and Technology of Thailand 

Presented at the 40th Congress of Science and Technology of Thailand (STT40): 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325710045_A_Low_Cost_Hands-on_Model_for_Demonstration_on_Law_of_Mechanical_Energy_Conservation#fullTextFileContent

 

Findings published in Scopus-indexed journals: 

 

1. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343944582_A_Guided_Inquiry_Laboratory_to_Enhance_Students'_Understanding_of_the_Law_of_Mechanical_Energy_Conservation

2. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325709121_Development_of_a_hands-on_model_embedded_with_guided_inquiry_laboratory_to_enhance_students'_understanding_of_law_of_mechanical_energy_conservation

 

Acknowledgements 

I owe a debt of gratitude for the achievement of this remarkable feat: 

 

I am grateful to His Majesty the King for making education free in Bhutan. I was able to learn without having to worry about the bills or the opportunity to receive an education because it is made accessible to even the most remote places where I live. 

 

Only the teachers in the school know how capable a student is, what interests the student, or which subjects the student excels in. I thank Dr Monamorn Precharattana and Dr Paisan Kanthang, my advisors for believing in me and supporting me throughout my studies. 

I am grateful to all of my teachers, especially a few Indian teachers (Mr Giri, Mr (late) Srivastava, Mr Shiva Kumar, Mr Davis, Mr Shammy, and Mr K C Jose) who saw some chromosomes of science in me. My interest in science arose because of their classroom influence.

 

My parents and family always kept me happy and supportive, even if I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. They were crucial in helping me live the life of my dreams. It's all because of them that I'm able to do what I can. 


Thank you to all of my students who congratulated me on this milestone. Students made up 99% of those who openly acknowledged my innovation (excluding my parents, families, and relatives). My students, as usual, were more ecstatic about my modest academic reward. (When I have the time, I promise to script it in detail about it).


 May the Kenchogsum keep blessing those who keep faith in them, believe in themselves, and work consistently.  

2 comments:

Labels

Feelings (114) Truth (91) Values (90) Experience (86) Education (72) Life (54) Teaching (38) Human (37) Social (35) Bhutan (31) Country (28) Respect (26) Happiness (23) Leadership (19) Love (18) Culture (17) Failure (17) Friends (15) Interest (15) National (15) Thailand (15) Dream (14) Frustration (12) Achievement (10) Family (10) King (9) Religion (9) Fate (8) Politics (8) Poetry (7) Research (7) Democracy (6) Excuses (6) Facebook (5) Festivity (5) blogging (5) Corruption (3) Examination (3) music (3) Money (2) Driving (1)

Copyright (C)

Copyright © 2012- Dumcho Wangdi. All Rights Reserved

 
 
Blogger Templates