Social Icons


Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Oxymoronic Classroom Story

The boards speak the Oxymoronic humour

Oxymorons are a pair of neighbouring words with an opposite meanings put together in a sentence.

Literature has it that using oxymoron show a dramatic effect beyond hills. For instance, when someone says, her story was painfully beautiful it speaks of two sets of nature, one as painful and the other as beautiful.

Sometimes, writers bring it into use to show an ironic sense of humour and also to create puns. 
E.g., 
There is low inflation
It was a mercy killing or this village is like a living dead.  
    
With the same flavour of the spirit, I use 89 strings of oxymora to weave the basket of my classroom story.


Once, in a class, I found missing so many things. I yelled to my students with anger, “This small crowd of people tries to act naturally and poses me serious fun these days”

“Don’t claim yourself to be a wise fool” I said because that was my only choice. It looks pretty ugly to act as an educated fool”.  

Keeping my book on a table, I continued.

“Many seem to have clearly misunderstood my instructions in the last class. I turned a blind eye to many minor crises and thought that it was just a fine mess. But now it is turning into a holy war because it seems like a casual business. You are not realizing that you are turning to be the original copies of baby giant scoundrels each day.”

“You are bringing bad luck to me. I am already in bad health and started to have balding hair. Don’t think that when I have no comment on what you do, I am on an active retirement. Although I did a brief survey to record how you behave in my class.  

Then I shouted, “Can everyone stand up properly. Stand fast I yelled because they were trying to hasten slowly. Who is still moving at the back?”

“These lousy self-proclaimed unsung heroes are really giving me a delicious torment these days.”

They silently laughed. “This is the best worst form of a kind cruel that gives me a sad joy. So, once again, I remind you to put an end to this and never again repeat it in the near future. Did you hear me?”

They remained silent. As I continued scolding, I observed a sad smile on many faces. Suddenly from one corner, I heard a loud whisper.

It was my boy class coordinator.

“Speak loud. Are you a lady boy? Are you happy to lead this organized chaos against me? You are showing me that true fake, dull shine on your face to say you are wrong. I know you have a good trick to make virtual reality.” 

“Sorry sir,” he said. “Like an honest thief, I will open secret of our class for making this fuss. I can’t exactly estimate the level on how you felt like being buried alive”

Clearing his throat, he continued “Actually we heard a secret rumour of Tashi’s parents getting divorced. Tashi was living in the worst heaven with his uncle in a small hut that was growing small each day. This has caused him to have random orders in class attendance. Therefore, we were discussing to help him after hearing this whole piece of story”.

My heart became cold like dry ice. I saw all of them doing nothing except listening to him unusually. That was the coldest summer day I ever experienced. My angered heart was fully emptied after Tashi’s situation slowly ran into my thinking.

As we discussed to find solutions to solve the mystery of Tashi’s old news, even those called to be weak muscles of the class dint show mild interest in helping him.

“We have the same difference of living in this modern world with old fashioned treatments,” one said. “His uncle who is found sober drunk in others eyes has a new routine of making a neat mess in the house” one added.

The other followed “Tashi is forced to speak only harmless lies”. “Sometimes he was found like a big baby that is barely dressed”.

My heart was burning cold. Hearing more evidence has made this incident strangely familiar to me. Like a bankrupt millionaire without a penny sometimes, I became like a wordless book. It was like a waking dream to me.

So I left the class and took a rest on my hard cushioned chair in the staffroom. I skipped taking the free working lunch given to my friends attending the workshop in my school.  Amidst my painful beautiful thoughts to help Tashi, I heard my friends say, ‘This is not a sincere lie, I got the meatless meat”. Another joined, ‘I got the boneless ribs”, and the whole group roared with a big laugh.

I had a lesson to teach on birth control tomorrow. This news turned out to be boring entertainment for me to prepare, so I skipped. It was a harmless hell that I got a negative gain from this new cliché’.  Not knowing how to deal with such common uncommon human troubles, I cried with a mute sound that evening. That was the solace to freeze fire of dear wounds in my living dead heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Feelings (114) Truth (91) Values (90) Experience (86) Education (72) Life (54) Teaching (38) Human (37) Social (35) Bhutan (31) Country (28) Respect (26) Happiness (23) Leadership (19) Love (18) Culture (17) Failure (17) Friends (15) Interest (15) National (15) Thailand (15) Dream (14) Frustration (12) Achievement (10) Family (10) King (9) Religion (9) Fate (8) Politics (8) Poetry (7) Research (7) Democracy (6) Excuses (6) Facebook (5) Festivity (5) blogging (5) Corruption (3) Examination (3) music (3) Money (2) Driving (1)

Copyright (C)

Copyright © 2012- Dumcho Wangdi. All Rights Reserved

 
 
Blogger Templates